Skip to main content

How to Get American Netflix in Australia With a VPN in 2022

Watching US Netflix with a VPN is a great way of keeping up with your favorite shows and movies while visiting Australia. However, it can be hard to tell which VPN will bypass Netflix’s restrictions. Some of them have a small server network, while others can’t give you the excellent speeds needed for streaming.

My team and I tested 100+ VPNs and shortlisted the best ones for streaming US Netflix from anywhere. All of my recommendations come with a large server network, great security features, and guaranteed speeds. This way, you’ll be able to securely watch US Netflix in Australia with zero buffering or lag.

Out of all the VPNs tested, my top recommendation is ExpressVPN. It has fast speeds that give you excellent viewing and a vast server network that you can use to access the US Netflix library. You can test ExpressVPN out completely risk-free as it's backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee — if you don't like it, you can easily get a full refund.

[Watch Netflix Today]

Quick Guide: How to Get American Netflix in Australia in 3 Easy Steps

  1. Get a VPN. ExpressVPN is my top choice because of its ultra-fast speeds and great unblocking abilities, allowing you to enjoy US Netflix in Australia in HD.
  2. Connect to a server in the US. That leads Netflix into believing that you're in the US, and you’ll be able to access its content from Australia.
  3. Start watching American Netflix. All you need to do is log in to Netflix and start streaming.

Why You Need a VPN to Watch American Netflix in Australia

Due to licensing agreements and broadcasting restrictions, you cannot access the American Netflix library from abroad. Netflix enforces these restrictions by checking the geographical location of your IP address. So, if your IP address says you’re in Australia, you’ll only be able to access the Australian Netflix library and not the US one.

However, a VPN can help you access American Netflix in Australia by letting you use a US IP address. This app replaces your real IP address with a US one, making Netflix believe you’re there. As a result, you’ll be able to watch the movies and shows you’re used to as though you’re still in the US.

Unfortunately, not all VPNs are powerful enough to bypass Netflix’s geo-restrictions, so getting the right VPN is important. To ensure you can access US Netflix during your visit to Australia, I only shortlisted those that consistently worked well for me.

Try ExpressVPN Now

Best VPNs for Watching American Netflix in Australia (Updated in March 2022)

1. ExpressVPN — Superfast Speeds to Watch US Netflix in Australia With Zero Lag

  • Lightning-fast speeds
  • 3,000+ servers in 90+ countries
  • 5 simultaneous device connections
  • Works with: Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Vudu, and more
  • Compatible with: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more
ExpressVPN Offer March 2022: For a limited time only, you can get an ExpressVPN subscription for up to 49% off! Don't miss out!

ExpressVPN’s blazing speeds are more than enough for watching US Netflix with zero interruptions. I tested 5 of its servers and had an average of 46 Mbps — which is much more than the 5 Mbps needed for HD quality and 25 Mbps for 4K. With such speeds, you won’t have to deal with buffering or lag when watching US Netflix in Australia.

Thanks to a generous server network, you have plenty of options for accessing American Netflix while visiting Australia. I didn’t have a problem bypassing Netflix's tough geo-blocks with all the servers I tried, and I could easily find a new one to connect to. All connections worked for me, and I didn’t experience any disconnections the entire time I was streaming. You can expect to have instant access to Netflix with ExpressVPN.

Using its strong security features, you can keep your data protected on any WiFi Network while watching American Netflix in Australia. There is military-grade encryption, first-rate protocols, and a kill switch to protect you from any cyberattacks. I tested for DNS/IP protection to see if these features are powerful enough to shield my device and personal information. The results were impressive — I found no leaks, which means my personal information was secure the entire time I was streaming.

The only downside with ExpressVPN is that it’s a bit more expensive than other VPNs. Prices start at $6.67/month, but I got a 49% discount when I signed up for a long-term plan, which includes an extra 3 months for free.

Try ExpressVPN for yourself risk-free. If you don't feel it's right for you, you can get a full refund within the 30-day money-back guarantee period. I put this claim to the test by contacting customer support via the 24/7 live chat option to cancel my subscription. The agent I spoke with asked me why I wanted to cancel my account, but didn’t try to convince me to keep it. My money was back in my account within the week.

Watch Netflix With ExpressVPN

2. CyberGhost — Robust Security to Keep You Safe While Watching US Netflix in Australia

  • Strong security features
  • 7,830+ servers in 90+ countries
  • 7 simultaneous device connections
  • Works with: Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Vudu, and more
  • Compatible with: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more
March 2022 Deal: CyberGhost is currently offering 83% off its most popular plan! Take advantage of this offer now and save more on your CyberGhost subscription.

CyberGhost comes with strong security features, so you can watch US Netflix while in Australia without worrying about your online identity falling into the wrong hands. Military-grade encryption protects your data from prying eyes, and I found no DNS/IP/WebRTC leaks when I tested it. The automatic kill switch and up-to-date protocols mean you can watch Netflix without worrying about cyber threats and hackers.

Its special streaming servers are designed to get around Netflix’s geo-blocks so you can easily catch up with shows while you’re in Australia. I simply typed Netflix in the search bar and immediately found the best connection. The optimized server gave me fantastic connections and I watched for hours with no drop-outs. You can quickly access the American Netflix library with CyberGhost once you step foot outside US’s borders.

Although it’s not as fast as ExpressVPN, CyberGhost still provides a smooth experience when watching American Netflix in Australia. During my tests on its US Netflix servers, my speeds averaged 44 Mbps, which gave me 4K viewing. Since you only need 25 Mbps for Ultra HD streaming, you can enjoy US Netflix in Australia without annoying lag or buffering.

A minor con of CyberGhost is that its short-term subscription is expensive. Plus, it comes with a shortened money-back guarantee of just 14 days. However, if you sign up with its longest plan, you can get CyberGhost for as low as $2.29/month.

You can try CyberGhost risk-free and request a refund within 45 days if you don't like it. To test this claim, I asked a live chat rep to cancel my subscription on day 25. The agent asked me a few questions about my experience with the VPN but didn't pressure me to stay. He approved my request after a 10 minute chat, and I received all my money in 4 business days.

Watch Netflix With CyberGhost

3. Private Internet Access — Lots of US Servers to Watch American Netflix in Australia

  • 29,650 servers in 70+ countries
  • Superfast connections speeds
  • 10 simultaneous device connections
  • Works with: Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Vudu, and more
  • Compatible with: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more
March 2022 Update: PIA doesn't usually have deals or discounts (it's already so affordable), but right now you can get a new subscription for a crazy 84% off!

Private Internet Access’s global server network includes several in the US, giving you plenty of options for streaming American Netflix in Australia. There are streaming-optimized servers that get around Netflix’s geo-blocks. During my tests, its 2 servers allowed me instant access to the platform, and I was able to watch with zero interruptions. You’re unlikely to get congestion and stutters due to overcrowding.

Its blazing speeds ensure a bufferless streaming experience on US Netflix while you’re in Australia. During my tests, my speed never went below 44 Mbps, which ensured that I had a crystal clear picture while I watched US shows. You can enjoy watching Netflix in the best quality possible without any interruptions.

Your connection will be kept secure the entire time you watch US Netflix from Australia, as PIA’s security is top-class. Like CyberGhost, it comes with military-grade encryption, a kill switch, IP/DNS protection, and first-rate protocols. This means you’ll have safe streaming sessions with PIA.

A small issue with PIA is that its apps have so many customization options, which could be off-putting to new users. However, this shouldn’t be a problem since the apps come pre-configured.

The subscriptions are affordable, starting at $2.03/month for the long-term plan. Plus, you can use the latest discounts to lower the cost even more.

You can try PIA risk-free and ask for a refund within 30 days if you don’t like it. I wanted to see if this policy was the real deal, so I asked customer support to cancel my subscription through live chat. What I liked most is that the rep I spoke with asked a few questions about my experience with the VPN. The refund was issued after 4 days.

Watch Netflix With PIA

4. IPVanish — Unlimited Connections to Watch US Netflix in Australia on All Your Devices

  • Unlimited device connections
  • Superfast speeds
  • 2,000 servers in 70+ countries
  • Works with: Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Vudu, and more
  • Compatible with: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more
IPVanish March 2022 Deal: It's hard to find active IPVanish offers so I was really surprised to find this one! Click here to get 66% off your IPVanish subscription today! Discount automatically applied (no code required).

IPVanish allows an unlimited number of connections, meaning you can enjoy American Netflix on all your devices at the same time when visiting Australia. I set it up on my 2 Android smartphones, iPhone, and Windows laptop simultaneously. My connections remained stable, and I watched US shows for hours without any changes in quality.

Its excellent speeds are ideal for streaming American Netflix in Australia, as I didn’t experience any lag or buffering the entire time. In my tests, I connected to 5 of its US servers, and my download speed never dropped below 38 Mbps. You can enjoy your US Netflix in Australia in perfect quality with IPVanish.

An issue I found with IPVanish is that it doesn’t unblock all the streaming platforms out there. But I was happy it reliably unblocked Netflix, and I was able to watch my favorite shows without any issues.

The VPN has some great discounts available, and right now you can get 66% off when you sign up for a new account with its long-term plan.

There is the opportunity to try it out for yourself completely risk-free, and if it doesn’t satisfy your needs, you can get a full refund within 30 days. I tested this guarantee by asking the support team for cancellation via the 24/7 live chat feature. After a quick chat with the agent I got in contact with, he went on with my request. My money arrived back within a week.

Watch Netflix With IPVanish

5. PrivateVPN — High-Speed Server Network to Watch US Netflix in Australia Without Buffering

  • Ultra-fast speeds
  • 200 servers in 60+ countries
  • 10 simultaneous device connections
  • Works with: Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Vudu, and more
  • Compatible with: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more

PrivateVPN’s impressive speeds ensure you don’t have to worry about lag or buffering while you enjoy your favorite shows on US Netflix. During my tests, I connected to 3 of its US servers and had an average speed of 30 Mbps. This was more than enough to enjoy quality streaming, so you can watch US Netflix in Australia with zero lag.

Its robust security keeps your IP hidden, so Netflix won’t be able to tell you’re accessing its US library from Australia. It has 256-bit encryption to keep your private information safe from prying eyes, and its servers kill switch technology that means your real ISP isn’t revealed, even if the server drops.

There is a downside with this VPN — it has a small server network compared to other VPNs such as CyberGhost. Fortunately, all the servers I tested were reliable, so this shouldn’t be a cause for concern.

I found the long-term plan to be the cheapest at $2/month. Plus, you can sweeten the deal further by taking advantage of its current discounts.

You can try PrivateVPN risk-free using its 30-day money-back guarantee. If you’re not happy, it’s easy to request a refund. I contacted support to test this claim, and there were only a few hassle-free feedback questions to answer. It took less than 6 minutes for my request to be processed. My money was back before the week was out.

Watch Netflix With PrivateVPN

Tips on Choosing a VPN to Get American Netflix

With so many options to choose from, finding a reliable VPN for watching American Netflix in Australia can be a bit of a challenge. These were the factors I considered when choosing the best VPNs for Netflix:

  • Reliable US servers. A VPN with lots of US servers gives you plenty of options for accessing the US Netflix library. I tested all the VPNs in my list to ensure they have multiple US servers that consistently unblock Netflix.
  • Fast speeds and unlimited data. To watch Netflix in perfect HD or 4K, you need a VPN that offers excellent speeds. All of my top recommendations will allow you to watch Netflix in perfect quality.
  • Robust security features. Top VPNs come with military-grade security such as encryption, up-to-date protocols, and kill switch technology to keep your private information safe from hackers.
  • Extensive compatibility. The VPNs in my list are all compatible with the major operating systems, as well as having router compatibility to watch Netflix on smart TVs and games consoles.

Watch Now With ExpressVPN

FAQs on How to Get American Netflix in Australia With a VPN

Can I watch American Netflix in Australia?

Yes, you can but only when using a reliable VPN. A VPN replaces your real IP address with a US one, making Netflix think you’re there. This way, you’ll be able to watch US Netflix in Australia with zero buffering or lag.

Is it legal to stream US Netflix from overseas?

It’s not illegal to stream American Netflix abroad. You just need a reliable VPN. Using a VPN may mean you’re in breach of Netflix's terms and conditions, so I recommend using one that has robust security and privacy features that keep your activity undetected. All the recommended VPNs on my list will allow you to watch US Netflix in Australia.

Can I get American Netflix in Australia without a VPN?

It’s not possible to get American Netflix in Australia without a VPN. When you’re not using a VPN, Netflix will see you’re in Australia and direct you to the Australian Netflix library instead of the American one. The VPNs in my list have reliable servers in the US that you can use to access American Netflix anywhere.

Try ExpressVPN RISK-FREE Now

Start Watching American Netflix in Australia Today

You shouldn’t have any problem accessing the American Netflix library during your visit to Australia. All you need to keep up with the shows you’re used to is to get a reliable VPN. This app lets you change your Netflix region to the US, which makes it seem like you’re accessing the platform from the country.

I recommend ExpressVPN for watching American Netflix in Australia. It has world-class security features that protect you from online threats and multiple servers in the US for accessing Netflix. You can test ExpressVPN out for yourself completely risk-free. If you’re not satisfied, you have up to 30 days to claim a full refund.

To summarize, the best VPNs for watching American Netflix in Australia are…



See TessMore Internet Business Must-Reads

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thousands Still Available in COVID Relief with These Small Business Grants

Building improvements can be a major expense for small businesses. And many had to make certain changes to navigate the past few years. Restaurants set up outdoor patios. Historic properties restored their storefronts. And offices added energy efficient features. Many businesses also have improvement projects planned for 2022. Luckily, many small business grant programs across the country make these projects more attainable, thus improving the customer experience and the community at large. Here are some current small business grant opportunities for building improvements, pandemic recovery, and more. Raleigh Building-Up Fit Grant Raleigh’s Small Business Development department is launching a new grant opportunity for local businesses. The Building-Up Fit Grant offers matching reimbursement funds up to $25,000 for eligible renovation projects. Businesses with 50 employees or less can apply for grants to cover projects that significantly improve the appearance and value of the pro...

8 Product Recommendation Email Examples to Drive Sales in

Struggling to drive more leads and sales with your email marketing? One effective strategy to increase revenue and sales is through strategic product recommendation emails. By showcasing personalized product recommendations at the right time and using proven elements and strategies, you can engage your subscribers and convince them to make a purchase. In this article, we’ll cover what a product recommendation email actually is and discuss the benefits of sending them. We’ll also share some great examples and best practices that can help you increase sales and drive revenue for your business. What Is a Product Recommendation Email? Advantages of Sending Product Recommendation Emails 8 Product Recommendation Email Examples to Drive More Leads Best Product Recommendation Emails Practices Increase Sales With Effective Product Recommendation Emails! What Is a Product Recommendation Email? Have you ever received an email from your favorite eCommerce store showcasing products th...

Top 50 Cryptocurrencies

Cryptocurrencies are digital currencies that act as mediums for exchange, just like regular money. One of the differences between cryptocurrencies and paper money is that cryptocurrencies are designed to exchange information digitally through public databases or blockchains. The blockchain is database is distributed across computers that run using blockchain software. No single entity owns or controls the database, and anyone can access the database, offer proof of ownership, and transfer cryptocurrencies through the use of crypto wallets. the global cryptocurrency market in just a decade has grown exponentially. How Many Cryptocurrencies are There? The crypto space is vast there are over 10,000 digital currencies in the market today. Due to the relative ease to launch different cryptocurrencies developers and businesses are tapping into the global crypto market to generate profits and connect with tech – savvy communities. Users too are opening cryptocurrency investment accounts in...